Leading a team is a challenge in any business segment, but in the Offshore environment the team's emotions can exert more influence. The homesickness of family and friends can contribute to increasing team conflict. Therefore, the leader needs to learn how to manage his own emotions and the emotions of his team so that he can extract the best from each professional in order to use it for everyone. And in addition to being able to control their emotions, the leader needs to learn to value, inspire and lead people in the right way, to help them in this mission is that we have developed this course. To be successful in leading, one must develop not only technical skills, but interpersonal skills, that is, knowing how to relate to people.
On-site at the place chosen by the company or in-company
- It is interactive, participatory and practical, favoring immediate application. Theoretical content permeated by experiential dynamics and outdoor activities, dramatizations, video screenings, challenging activities.
material - All material to be used during the course was prepared after extensive research with several teams. Permeado by practical examples and study of real cases, the course allows immediate application of the acquired knowledge. Our didactic material is exclusive and was elaborated by the instructor and writer Marcinéia Oliveira, aiming the best use during all stages of the learning.
Upon completion of the course the student will receive their digital certificate and a copy of the book Autographed Offshore Leadership.
In module 1 - Concepts and theories, you will learn:
- What does leadership mean?
- The role of the leader of an Offshore team.
- The main responsibilities of an Offshore leader.
- What is the best style to lead?
- What are the personal characteristics needed to lead in the offshore environment.
- A checklist with items that will help you deal positively with others.
In module 2 - Relationship with the team, you will learn:
- How to communicate effectively with others.
- Argue convincingly and expose your opinions and doubts constructively.
- Develop your emotional intelligence and perfect your self control, self-motivation, empathy and social skills.
- To lead people of different generations.
- How to be successful in dealing with people of different personality profiles.
- To lead in an environment with cultural diversity. Offshore environment is filled with people with different values and cultures.
- Apply the rules of discipline in a correct way.
In Module 3 - Leadership Tools, you will learn:
- A step by step to be successful in giving constructive feedback.
- What to do when listening to a review?
- The power of sincere praise.
- Delegate tasks correctly.
- Elaborate a list of activities that can be delegated.
- How to behave when applying discipline rules.
- Working as a team.
- The importance of winning the trust of the team.
In Module 4 - Leading conflict resolution in the team, you will learn:
- The origin of the main conflicts in a team.
- The main types of conflicts.
- When a conflict can be positive and when it becomes negative for a team.
- How to cope to prevent friend fire.
- The role of the leader as mediator of a conflict.
- Negotiation techniques applied in conflict management.
- The correct posture when managing a team conflict.
In Module 5 - Personal and Professional Growth, you will learn:
- Set goals and priorities for your career and for your personal life.
- To lead the different roles that you play in your life.
- Develop a plan of action to lead your different roles in life.
- Develop a personal action plan to define what actions are needed to improve your leadership skills.
1. At the end of module 2, each class will watch a movie, in order to give a practical example of all the content taught.You will have exercises to review the knowledge gained.
2. You will receive an e-book signed by the instructor and author of the book Offshore Leadership.
3. You will receive a certificate of completion.